Employer Information 2020-21 intake
Information on registration for the 2020-21 intake for National Recruitment is not currently available.
Further information on registration for participation in the National Recruitment Scheme through Oriel will be made available in December 2018 and will be circulated via local networks.
Please note that if you have previously participated in the National Recruitment Scheme in 2018 for the 2019-20 intake your information will not automatically be carried forward for the 2020-21 intake, you will be required to confirm and resubmit your information via an online form. We are in the process of agreeing the exact arrangements but will endeavour to make this as streamlined as possible. Further details on the process will be provided in December.
New employers will be required to provide their programme information via an online form and information must be received by the deadline. Once the deadline has passed no further information can be accepted. If you are a new employer and would like to participate in the National Recruitment Scheme please look out for key communications in December 2018.
Benefits of recruiting nationally
The following benefits of a National Recruitment Scheme for Pre-registration Trainee Pharmacists via Oriel can have be recognised:
The selection criteria have been developed through a robust research process i.e. development of a Professional Attributes Framework.
- Selection is values based.
- Selection is standardised across sectors thereby promoting a more flexible and equitable workforce.
- Selection is managed by HEE thereby reducing risks of litigation to employers.
- Offers can be made at the same time thereby reducing gaming and subsequent unfilled places.
- Pharmacy can be more easily affordably included in wider NHS processes and systems eg trainee information systems.
- Pharmacy can be part of shared learning across professions in relation to recruitment.
- Reduced duplication and administrative costs of multiple recruitment processes to employers and applicants.
- Cost per trainee reduces as the system is rolled out and implemented for all preregistration pharmacists.
- It is fair and transparent to applicants with high levels of acceptability.
Pre-registration Pharmacist Recruitment Overview
Please note it is mandatory for all NHS employers who train Pre-registration pharmacists within England and Wales to recruit via the National Recruitment scheme and we welcome all community pharmacy employers to join the scheme.
In order to recruit via the National Recruitment scheme, all employers must read and agree to the Confirmation of Participation and be able to meet and abide by the HEE Quality Framework (or Welsh equivalent for employers in Wales) for pre-registration training before signing up to the scheme.
Please note the following key aspects of the Confirmation of Participation (full details are available on the Confirmation of Participation page):
Employers must be registered with the GPhC as an approved pre-registration training site.
Employers will provide detailed programme information as per agreed data collection template
Employers will provide interview panel members for the multiple mini interviews held at the selection centres proportionate to the numbers of trainees*
Panel members will be required to complete all relevant recruitment training e.g. E&D, panel member training.
Employers will not withdraw programmes from the scheme once advertised.
Subject to standard pre-employment checks employers will accept the applicants allocated to them.
Employers will be responsible for undertaking pre-employment checks (as per NHS Employers guidance) and for issuing appropriate contracts of employment.
Employers will be responsible for immigration related checks/ appropriate visa sponsorship.