Health Education England Pharmacy Events
Our events are aimed at NHS employees within London and Kent, Surrey and Sussex involved in the management and use of medicines. Events will principally focus on pharmacists and pharmacy technicians but on occasion, it may be appropriate for other healthcare staff such as specialist nurses to attend. The target audience for each event will be clearly indicated on advertising material and on our website.
Our events should be applied for in advance and as early as possible to avoid disappointment if an event is oversubscribed. Delegates are required to apply on-line using the form applicable to the event. An automated email (provided a valid email address is supplied) confirms receipt of the application form.
Candidates who are registered on the Medicines Optimisation Programme: Medicines Reconciliation Course must apply for the OSCE Assessment via the correct online registration form.
Personal information provided on application forms will not be made available to third parties. Please refer to the HEE privacy notice https://hee.nhs.uk/about/privacy-notice for information on how HEE manage your data.
Requests to cancel attendance at any of our events in advance must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Extenuating circumstances on the day of the event, for example sickness must be communicated to the Pharmacy office (01293 227141) or the event facilitator by 10am on the day (9am for the Pre-registration Pharmacist Open Day) to ensure a charge will not be made. Failure to notify non-attendance will result in a charge of £75.
Terms and Conditions
Applications to our events are accepted on the following conditions:
- Applications from staff who do not meet the event entry criteria will be rejected and the applicant notified in writing
- Applicants will be notified if an event is oversubscribed and placed on a waiting list. The closing date for events is normally 4 weeks before the date of the event
- Applications received after the closing date will not normally be accepted. Please contact the Pharmacy office on 01293 227141 to check availability
- An event may be cancelled if undersubscribed and applicants notified in writing.
- Further information, including pre-course activities will be sent at least 5 working days before the event
Ground rules for events
Delegates attending our events are expected to:
- Practice good timekeeping by arriving on time at the start of the event and when returning from break, at all times. Arriving late is a sign of disrespect to the trainer and to your fellow participants.
- Sign in at the start of the event for health and safety reasons. Failure to sign will result in trusts being informed of non-attendance and subsequent charges may apply).
- Stay for the duration of the course and inform the facilitator if there is a need to leave before the published finish time
- Come prepared for the event and undertake any pre-event activities
- Listen actively where appropriate during the event and avoid side conversations
- Participate fully and facilitate a two-way process of sharing experiences and encourage others to participate too.
- Be open and honest to new ideas and learning more about yourself and others and provide constructive criticism to support event improvement.
- Be respectful of others including the trainer.
- Avoid side conversations
- Use mobile phones and personal electronic devices during break times
Ground rules for on-line learning
Course Participants are expected to:
- Complete all on-line activities in accordance with the course requirements and inform us at the earliest opportunity and confirm in writing to email@example.com if you are unable to do so
- Complete course activities each week
- Participate in online discussions with colleagues